Tohoku University is proud to offer the TU Research-Oriented Incoming Student (ROIS) Scholarship to qualified overseas graduate students.
Funded by the Japan Student Services Association (JASSO), the program is open to students from all around the world who are accepted under a student exchange agreement between TU and its partner institutions outside Japan.
Great offer for overseas graduate students to study in Japan.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1907 as Japan’s third national university, Tohoku University (TU) is proud to be ranked among Japan’s leading universities.
Why at Tohoku University? TU provides international students with the opportunity to study in specialized domains by providing graduate courses in English, as well as in Japanese.
Application Deadline: The application deadline depends on the TU department in which the applicants will enroll.
- University or Organization: Tohoku University
- Department: Global Learning Center
- Course Level: Graduate
- Award: Reduction or exemption of tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from all around the globe
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants must fulfill all qualifications:
- Applicants must be enrolled as regular graduate students in a home institution that has a university or department-level student exchange agreement with TU and will continue as candidates for degrees at their home institution after studying on TU.
- Applicants must be majoring in some field of natural science.
- The applicants’ study period at TU must be more than or equal to 10 days and should not exceed 12 months
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you wish to enter graduate school, you should first look for a course that interests you and an instructor in your preferred field. Submit all application materials required to a prospective academic advisor on TU.
- Applicants must be approved to enroll in one of the following departments at TU as Special Research Students or Short-term Visiting Trainees:
- Graduate School of Science / Graduate School of Medicine / Graduate School of Dentistry /
- Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences / Graduate School of Engineering /
- Graduate School of Agricultural Science / Graduate School of Information Sciences /
- Graduate School of Life Sciences / Graduate School of Environmental Studies /
- Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
- Supporting Documents: Submit all application materials required for a prospective academic advisor at Tohoku University. Direct applications from applicants to the Student Exchange Division at TU will not be accepted.
- Admission Requirements: Application qualifications, requirements, procedures, and application period vary depending on each graduate school.
- Language Requirement: All courses have a minimum English language proficiency requirement which can be met through study, employment, or an approved English language test.
Benefits: Tohoku University offers reduction or exemption of tuition fees for students in financial difficulty.
Kindly follow the application steps given on the ‘How to Apply’ section.
Please help me with how to apply for the studies please thank you.
To apply, kindly follow the application steps given on the “How to Apply” section
I want to apply please help me to apply thank you