The Japan ICU Foundation now wishes to invite applications for its United States Scholars Initiative for the academic year 2023. The initiative will provide full-tuition support for four years of undergraduate study at ICU.
The United States Scholars Initiative (USSI) aims to increase the number of international, degree-seeking undergraduate students from the United States at ICU.
A nice award opportunity for an undergraduate degree.
User Review( votes)
The Japan ICU Foundation is a public charity based in New York City committed to supporting International Christian University‡s global and ecumenical programs.
- Applications Deadline: December 1, 2022
- Course Level: Undergraduate degree.
- Study Subject: These opportunities are awarded in the field of language and the liberal arts.
- Awards: This merit-based scholarship will provide full-tuition support for four years of undergraduate study at ICU.
- The Number of Awards: Two
- Nationality: United States applicants
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: United States applicants are eligible for these endowments.
- Entrance Requirements: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity
- The applicants must be United States citizens
- Students must also demonstrate an interest in Japan, the Japanese language and the liberal arts.
- Will graduate from U.S. high school
- Strong interest in Japan and the Japanese language
- Interest in liberal arts education
- Single with no dependents
- How to Apply: All the interested candidates must complete all the application requirements for achieving this award.
- Application form
- Personal statement (400-500 words) on why you would like to study at ICU, and what your plans are after graduation
- Short essay (400-500 words)
- Copy of transcript (last 3 years of secondary school)
- Educational certification (SAT with essay, ACT plus writing or, IB full diploma)
- 2 letters of recommendation (One from HS principal, guidance counselor, tutor or IB coordinator; one from an HS instructor who has taught a core academic subject eg. English, SS, math, science, foreign language)
- If you have graduated from a U.S. high school but have NOT spent the last continuous six years at an institution in which English is the language of instruction, you will need to submit either a TOEFL or IELTS score.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have to submit either a TOEFL or IELTS score.