The University of Auckland Summer Scholarships is open to all high-achieving domestic and international students who have the potential to succeed in postgraduate research.
Summer Research The studentships are a great way to gain valuable research experience, work with leading researchers at the University of Auckland, enhance career opportunities and help students think about pursuing postgraduate study.
Wonderful opportunity for international students to get educational fund.
User Review( vote)
Located in the heart of New Zealand, the University of Auckland was founded in 1883 and it is also known as the highest-ranked university in the country. It provides a range of accommodation options for students and has six campuses.
Application Deadline: Applications for 2022-2023 are now open.
- Course Level: Summer research program.
- Study Subject: The studentships are provided in faculty‡s list of available projects: Faculty of Arts, Business School, Faculty of Education and Social Work, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, Faculty of Science, Auckland Bioengineering Institute and Liggins Institute.
- Award: Varies
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: New Zealand and international applicants
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: New Zealand and international applicants can apply for these summer research scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: This is a general guideline for eligibility for a Summer Research Scholarship. Students will need to check the Summer Research Scholarships Regulations for the faculty that is offering their project of interest. Those eligible
- You have completed at least two years of an undergraduate degree and are either enrolled in an undergraduate degree at a New Zealand university at the time you apply for the opportunity
- Or enrolled in a postgraduate bachelor (honours) or postgraduate diploma programme (some faculties) at a New Zealand university at the time you apply for the opportunity
- Or enrolled in an undergraduate degree at an international institution in 2022. You have a scholarship GPA/GPE of 6.00 or above (or 5.50 for M?ori or Pacific students).
- How to Apply: To be considered for a Summer Research Scholarship, ALL applicants must make their application in two steps:
If you wish to apply for projects in two or more faculties you must complete a separate application for each relevant faculty (you only need to apply for admission to the Summer Research Scholarship Programme once).
- English Language Requirements: If English is not the applicant‡s first language, they will need to meet the English-language proficiency requirements for postgraduate study at the University.
The University of Auckland will provide all the following expenses:
- $6,750 tax-free stipend.
- Get a taste of postgraduate research and help you think about pursuing postgraduate study.
- If you are new to the University of Auckland or New Zealand, you can experience studying here and living in Auckland.
- Improve your career opportunities. In some cases, The grants lead to a career in research.
- Develop research networks and collaborate with leading researchers.
- Some summer scholars co-author presentations at international conferences and academic journal articles.
- Exposure to authentic case studies.
- Participate in project meetings.
- Practice data collection, analysis, literature reviews, interviewing techniques and mind mapping.
- Learn to use specialised software.
- Acquire specialist laboratory and presentation skills.