James Cook University wants to inspire future students and help them transition successfully to higher education. Therefore, it has introduced the Warm Welcome Relocation Grants to international students for the academic year 2022-2023.
This grant of AU$2,000 is available to international undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students returning to Australia and commencing HDR students at James Cook University. The allocation of awards will be made on academic merit and eligibility criteria.
Wonderful chance to get benefitted in Australia.
User Review( votes)
James Cook University is a public university that seeks to discover and develop novel therapeutics and diagnostics using cutting-edge and cross-disciplinary molecular bioscience research. It ranks 287th in Best Global Universities.
Why choose James Cook University? James Cook University has initiated the kind of research and teaching that makes a difference to people and societies, the natural world, and the built environment. It is committed to top-quality teaching, learning, and research which equips the students of JCU with skills and knowledge to meet the demands of the workforce in the tropics and throughout the world.
Application Deadline: The general application for most postgraduate programmes at JCU is17th February 2022. It is advised to cross-check the application deadline of the desired programme.
- University or Organization: James Cook University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Higher Degree by Research
- Award: AU$5,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can undertake an HDR programme at JCU.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Commencing international students
- International students who commenced online courses in internal mode* offshore because they were not able to travel to Australia in 2020 or 2021.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, students need to log in to the university portal. Eligible international undergraduate or postgraduate students will be considered upon applying.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- HDR Application Form
- Transcripts and testamurs for all qualifications undertaken
- Proof of citizenship or residency in the form of a passport, birth certificate or visa
- Current CV
- List of any publications that I have authored.
- Details and evidence of any co-tutelle or external funding arrangements
- Admission Requirements: Students must either have a bachelor’s degree with at least Second Class, Division A (Honours) in a degree program that included a total of at least a semester of supervised project work, the results of which contributed to the Honours grade or a relevant postgraduate qualification.
- Language Requirement: All applicants must meet the IELTS Band 2 English Language Requirements or equivalent as defined by the University depending on the course they choose to apply for.
The students that will be selected by JCU for this grant will be given AU$2,000 towards an HDR programme at the university.