The State Education Development Agency (Latvian Government) is inviting applications for scholarships for summer schools. Scholarships are available to students, researchers and teaching staff of several countries for studies, research and participation in summer schools in Latvian higher education institutions (HEIs).
Citizens from countries which have signed an Agreement with Latvia or offer scholarships for Latvian students and academic staff can apply for the Latvian state scholarships.
The State Education Development Agency (SEDA; VIAA in Latvian) is a direct administration institution which is subordinated to the Ministry of Education and Science.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application Deadline: May 4, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for studies, research and participation in Summer Schools.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in any subject available at Latvian HEI.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarship includes:
- The amount of the Latvian scholarship granted by the VIAA for summer school is 711 EUR per person for the duration of the summer school.
- The scholarships will be transferred by the VIAA to the summer school organizers, no money will be handed out to the Latvian scholarship winners.
- The participants of the summer schools have to cover travel expenses from the country of origin to the summer school location in Latvia themselves.
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Nationality: Citizens from countries which have signed an Agreement can apply for these Latvian government scholarships.
- Scholarship can be taken in Latvia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens from countries which have signed an Agreement can apply for these Latvian government scholarships.List of Countries: Azerbaijan, Georgia, Mongolia, Uzbekistan, Belgium (Flanders Community and French Community of Belgium), Greece, Peru, Hungary, Poland, Bulgaria, China, Israel, Portugal, Croatia, Italy, Slovenia, Cyprus, Kazakhstan, Spain, Czech Republic, South Korea, Turkey, Estonia, Lithuania, Tajikistan, Finland, Mexico, Turkmenistan, France, Moldova and United Kingdom) or offer scholarships for Latvian students (Austria, Iceland, Slovakia, United States of America, Denmark, Japan, Sweden, Germany, Norway and Switzerland
- Entrance Requirements: Eligibility Criteria is:
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Information on how to apply for the scholarship for participation in summer schools can be found on the website of the higher education institution in Latvia organizing the summer school. The website will give details on all the necessary documents:
- Application form of the summer school.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Motivation letter.