The State Education Development Agency (Latvian Government) is inviting applications for programmes for summer schools. The studentships are available to students, researchers and teaching staff of several countries for studies, research and participation in summer schools in Latvian higher education institutions (HEIs).
Citizens from countries which have signed an agreement with Latvia or offer financial aid for Latvian students and academic staff can apply for the Latvian state scholarships.
Great chance for Latvian students to study with financial support.
User Review( votes)
The State Education Development Agency (SEDA; VIAA in Latvian) is a direct administration institution which is subordinated to the Ministry of Education and Science.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application Deadline: 1st April 2020
- Course Level: The studentships are available for studies, research and participation in Summer Schools.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in any subject available at Latvian HEI.
- Award: Scholarship includes:
- The amount of the Latvian scholarship granted by the VIAA for summer school is 711 EUR per person for the duration of the summer school.
- The financial aid positions will be transferred by the VIAA to the summer school organizers, no money will be handed out to the Latvian scholarship winners.
- The participants of the summer schools have to cover travel expenses from the country of origin to the summer school location in Latvia themselves.
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: Citizens from countries which have signed an Agreement can apply for these Latvian government awards.
- The award can be taken in Latvia
- Eligible Countries: Citizens from countries which have signed an Agreement can apply for these Latvian government awards.List of Countries: Azerbaijan, Georgia, Mongolia, Uzbekistan, Belgium (Flanders Community and French Community of Belgium), Greece, Peru, Hungary, Poland, Bulgaria, China, Israel, Portugal, Croatia, Italy, Slovenia, Cyprus, Kazakhstan, Spain, Czech Republic, South Korea, Turkey, Estonia, Lithuania, Tajikistan, Finland, Mexico, Turkmenistan, France, Moldova and the United Kingdom) or offer financial aid for Latvian students (Austria, Iceland, Slovakia, United States of America, Denmark, Japan, Sweden, Germany, Norway and Switzerland
- Entrance Requirements: Eligibility Criteria is:
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Information on how to apply for the opportunity for participation in summer schools can be found on the website of the higher education institution in Latvia organizing the summer school. The website will give details on all the necessary documents:
- Application form of the summer school.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Motivation letter.