The objective of the programme is to help excellent students who want to undertake innovative research in Chinese studies for the academic session 2020/2021.
Established in 1946, Australian National University is a well-known research university located in Canberra, Australia. It offers a wide range of accommodation options for students and a range of flexible study options to suit your needs.
Why study at Australian National University? The university focuses on excellence in research and education and well-prepared to address complex contemporary challenges. Here students have access to the career centre that will help them to kick-start their career.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2020
- University or Organization: Australian National University
- Department: Australian Centre on China in the World (CIW)
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $30,000 per annum
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme in Chinese studies.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolling full-time in a program of study for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in China Studies, based in the CIW.
- Has demonstrated H1/2A equivalence: for undergraduate degrees, the result should be First Class Honours or Second Class Honours (First Division).
- For master’s degrees, there should be a research component. Academic referee reports are essential to the application. Most students who are successful in their application for admission to a research degree are in the top 5-10 per cent of their class in their previous degree.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity s, applicants first have to find the program you want to study using the Program & Courses website, then click the ‘Apply’ button next to the desired Program. Upon completion, please e-mail your ANU application number to ciw-at-anu.edu.au.
- Supporting Documents: Academic referee reports, using the ANU Research Application Referee Report Form, are essential to the application.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, students must meet the entry requirement of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: Students from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language requirements in order to be able to study at the university.
Australian Centre on China in the World (CIW) will offer the following benefits:
- Stipend – A$30,000 per annum, three years.
- Tuition fees (international students).
- Paid leave entitlements in accordance with the AGRTP.
- Thesis reimbursement.
- Travel and relocation reimbursement.
- Dependent Child Allowance (international students).
- Overseas Student Health Cover.
- Fieldwork and Conference Support.