Studying abroad is always an adventure filled with financial challenges. If you want to remove your financial barriers, apply for the College of Science and Engineering Future 100 PhD Scholarships at the University of Leicester.
The aim of the scholarship programme is to support the UK and international students who want to apply for the PhD degree programme.
A great offer for students who want to study for a PhD degree in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Leicester, which was founded in 1957, is a leading university that offers high-quality teaching and learning opportunities. It is known around the world for academic quality, game-changing research, and superb and motivating teaching.
Why study at the University of Leicester? The university offers a wide range of career progression and professional development options to students. It provides a stimulating education that leads to meaningful careers and the potential to make major contributions to society, allowing students to create their own stamp.
Application Deadline: The deadline for the scholarship is 11 March 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Leicester
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fees and stipend
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in School of Chemistry, School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences, School of Engineering, Geography, Geology School of Physics and Astronomy.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- UK and International applicants are welcome to apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To being enlisted in the programme, applicants must have to enroll in the PhD degree programme at the university. After that, you have to complete the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: With your application, include the following:
- Personal statement explaining, briefly, your interest in the project and your relevant experience
- Degree Certificates and Transcripts of study already completed and if possible transcript to date of study currently being undertaken
- In the reference section please enter the contact details of your two academic referees in the boxes provided or upload letters of reference if already available.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to hold/or expect to obtain a UK Bachelor Degree 2:1 or better in a relevant subject or overseas equivalent.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the English language requirements of the university.
Studentships provide funding for 3.5 years to include:
- Tuition fees at UK rate
- Stipend at UKRI rates of £16,062 per year
- Access to a Research Training Support Grant of up to £1,500 pa for 3 years.
- Bench fees of £5,000 per annum for three years for laboratory-based studies
- International applicants applying for projects listed on this page will need to be able to fund the difference between the UK and International fees for the duration of the study.
- Full international fees will be £21,000 per year
- UK fee sare £4,596
- International students would need to be able to pay fees of approximately £16,404 per year of study.