Intending to support the education of outstanding students in the UK, the University of Leicester is providing the Department of Respiratory Sciences PhD funding for the session 2021-2022. The grant is open for UK/EU students.
The PhD programme will involve identifying and characterising the heterogeneity of circulating eosinophils in severe asthma and related conditions such as Eosinophilic granulomatosis with polyangitis (EGPA).
Admirable opportunity for UK/EU students students to study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1957, the University of Leicester is a leading university that delivers teaching and facilitates the learning of the highest quality. It is recognized globally for international excellence, world-changing research, and top-notch and inspirational teaching.
Why study at the University of Leicester? The university offers various pathways for career advancement and professional development for the students. It prepares students to make their own impact, offering education that stimulates, leading to meaningful careers and the skills to make profound contributions to society.
Application Deadline: September 1, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Leicester
- Department: Department of Respiratory Sciences
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee waiver+ annual Stipend at UKRI rates (£15,285)
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: UK/EU students
- The award can be taken in UK
- Eligible Countries: UK and EU
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree program in the Department of Respiratory Sciences
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- UK Bachelor Degree with at least a 2:1 in Biological sciences, molecular biology, or overseas equivalent.
- Expertise in multi-colour flow cytometry, RNAseq analysis would be advantageous.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the opportunity , applicants must take admission in a PhD degree program at the University of Leicester. After that, candidates must submit an online application.
- Supporting Documents: Within the application form, please specify that you wish to be considered for a college of life sciences 2021 studentship, include the project title and also include the names of the project supervisors.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must meet the academic entry requirements of the program.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof. Please see the English Language Requirements section for more details.
The University of Leicester will provide the following benefits:
- UK/EU tuition fee waiver
- An annual Stipend at UKRI rates (£15,285 for 2020/21)