The University of Helsinki is inviting international students to become a part of its Full Tuition fee Grant for the academic year 2021-2022.
The grant is an exclusive opportunity for international students belonging to non-EU/EEA willing to pursue a master’s degree programme in Finland at the University of Helsinki.
Golden chance for international students to study in Finland.
User Review( votes)
The University of Helsinki is a public university ranked 104th in QS Global World Rankings 2021. The mission of the University of Helsinki is to produce research-based knowledge for the benefit of the whole world.
Why choose to study at the University of Helsinki? At the University of Helsinki, they believe that the power of knowledge can change attitudes, people and society, for the world. It aims to produce and share high-impact knowledge that contributes to solving global challenges that affect everyone. Students get the chance to work together with researchers on the campuses, and the professors and teachers are easily approachable for discussions and informal consultations. The hierarchy is flatter here.
Application Deadline: 4th November 2021
- University or Organization: University of Helsinki
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master’s
- Award: 18,000 EURO
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Finland
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of non-EU/EEA countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants must apply for any master’s degree programme taught at the University of Helsinki.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must belong to eligible regions.
- The applicants must be accepted into a master’s programme at the University of Helsinki.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants are required to apply to the desired Master’s degree programme via the online application portal of the university. The applicants must apply for the opportunity along with the admission application.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate
- Transcript of records
- High school records
- Translations of educational documents
- Top-up degrees, transfer studies, direct access programmes, etc
- Other enclosures
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a relevant bachelor’s degree with excellent grades to be admitted at the University of Helsinki in a master’s programme.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS Academic – Overall score 6.5, with a minimum score of 6.0 in the writing section.
- TOEFL IBT – 92, a minimum score of 22 in the writing section.
- TOEFL rPDT – a minimum score of 20 in the reading section, a minimum score of 20 in the listening section, a minimum score of 22 in the writing section.
- PTE Academic – Overall score 62, with a minimum score of 54 in each communicative skills section
- C1 Advanced (formerly CAE): Pass levels A, B, or C
- C2 Proficiency (formerly CPE): Pass levels A, B, C, or level C1 certificate
The selected applicants are liable to receive 18,000 EURO from the University of Helsinki towards the tuition fee of the applied Master’s degree programme for up to 2 years of study.