Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies is currently accepting applications for the Fully-Funded PhD Position in Germany for the academic year 2020/2021. The programme is funded by Dr Roberto Covino at the Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies and Centre for Multiscale Modeling in the Life Sciences.
The PhD project will focus on developing an innovative computational framework that integrates artificial intelligence and physics-based computer simulations to study the formation of protein assemblies in cellular membranes.
A fully funded position, with a very competitive salary and social benefits.
User Review( vote)
Established in 2003, Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies (FIAS) is an independent research institute performing cutting-edge research in the areas of Life Science Physics, Neuroscience, Computer Science, and Systemic Risk.
Why would you like to choose Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies? The institute provides a foundation for decisive progress in research through cooperation, exchanging ideas, and overcoming structural barriers between the disciplines.
Application Deadline: August 20, 2020
- University or Organization: Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully-Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: If you want to know about nationality, please contact the employer.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme to undertake research on the topic “Artificial Intelligence-guided computer simulations of protein self-assembly in cellular membranes.”
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must have a Master’s degree in theoretical and computational sciences (physics, biophysics, mathematics, computer science, or theoretical chemistry).
- Have a strong interest in interdisciplinary research.
- Previous experience in programming (Python, etc.), biomolecular simulations (Gromacs, Named), and machine learning (PyTorch, Tensorflow) are not required but a plus.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity, you must submit an online application and upload all the following documents as a single pdf file through this link.
- Supporting Documents: Must submit a motivation letter, a detailed curriculum vitae, name, and contact information of at least one reference, detailed transcripts of records of your Master’s and Bachelor’s programs.
- Admission Requirements: For grasping this chance, you are required to hold a previous year degree.
- Language Requirement: Must have excellent communication skills and working proficiency in English.
Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies will offer the following benefits:
- A highly inspiring work environment.
- Excellent research infrastructure and dedicated mentoring.
- A fully funded position, with a very competitive salary and social benefits.
- Excellent opportunities for training and career development. You will be affiliated to the Goethe-University and a fellow of the graduate school GRADE-iQbio.
- You will have the opportunity to live in Frankfurt am Main, a vibrant and exciting cosmopolitan city at the heart of Europe.