Many students dream of studying in Australia, but they are unable to do it due to financial barriers. To cover study expenses, the University of Tasmania is offering Merle Weaver Postgraduate International Scholarship. This scholarship is open for students from Southeast Asian and Pacific Island countries.
The educational award encourages highly achieving students who want to commence a Higher Degree by Research programme for the session 2020/2021.
Students will get a living allowance of $28,092 per annum for 3.5 years.
User Review( votes)
The University of Tasmania (UTAS) is Australia’s fourth oldest university that offers various undergraduate and graduate programs in a range of disciplines. It is ranked in the top 300 in the world by the Academic Rankings of World Universities (ARWU).
Why study at the University of Tasmania? The university offers great courses in an extraordinary location, and their teaching is supported by world-leading research, so you know you’re getting direct access to the best expertise.
Application Deadline: October 16, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Tasmania
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: $28,092 per annum
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: South East Asian and Pacific Island countries.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Postgraduate degree programme in any subject area offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a female graduate from any university in the South-East Asian countries and Pacific Island countries.
- Excludes graduates from universities in Australia and New Zealand.
- Must be undertaking postgraduate study in any area at the University of Tasmania.
- Must not already hold Research Training Program (RTP) stipend or equivalent to a base living allowance stipend.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants who wish to commence a Higher Degree by Research should visit the University of Tasmania’s Apply Now website and complete an application. After submitting your application for candidature, please contact [email protected] with your name, application ID number, and the name of the program(s) you have applied for. Applicants who are already enrolled in a Higher Degree by Research at the University of Tasmania, please complete and submit the Donor-Funded application form for the Current Candidate (Word 74KB) to GraduateResearch.Scholarships-at-utas.edu.au.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a CV, academic certificates, and transcripts with their application.
- Admission Requirements: Students will be selected on the basis of the evidence of academic excellence and evidence of research capability (including publications, presentations, and non-traditional research outputs).
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof. Please see the English Language Requirements section for more details.
This scholarship provides a living allowance of $28,092 per annum (2020 rate, indexed annually) for 3.5 years, with no extension.