Get financial support to start your academic journey in Australia. Macquarie University is giving an opportunity to apply for the PhD International Scholarship in Internet Privacy and Security Analytics. The award is open for overseas students.
The funding programme assists talented students who want to conduct high-quality research activities within the Optus Macquarie University Cyber-Security Hub, led by Prof. Dali Kaafar.
The funding programme is comprised of the tuition fee offset for the session 2020/2021.
User Review( votes)
Macquarie University is well-known for its first-class facilities, highly skilled graduates, and excellence in interdisciplinary research and teaching. It offers various degree-level programs for students from all around the globe.
Why would you like to study at Macquarie University? At Macquarie University, the candidate will work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary research team, to undertake independent scientific investigations and carry out associated tasks under the guidance of senior Researchers and Academics.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2020
- University or Organization: Macquarie University
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: AUD $28,092 per annum
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme to conduct high-quality research on Cybersecurity and Privacy-Preserving Technologies including but not limited to: Internet privacy and security analytics & Machine learning security and privacy analysis.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the minimum requirement for admission to a PhD degree:
- Completion of a Master of Research (MRes) with a grade of at least a Distinction level (75% or greater in the second year.
- Must have a Master of Philosophy.
- Have a two-year Master’s degree with a major research component at Distinction level (75% or greater).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you want to be enlisted in this educational program, then you are recommended to take admission in the PhD degree coursework at the Macquarie University. You must submit an online application form to register as an applicant WITH THE following required documents.
- Supporting Documents: Must submit your official academic transcripts, passport copy, current Australian visa (for Permanent Residents or Humanitarian Visa holders), and detailed CV (including all research output e.g. publications, journal papers, etc).
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must meet the academic entry requirements of the chosen program.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information go through the English language requirements You also have to submit an English proficiency test result scorecard or evidence showing you have met the HDR Language Requirements.
The funding programme is comprised of the tuition fee offset and a Macquarie University Research Excellence Scholarship (MQRES) living allowance/stipend. The stipend component of the scholarship is currently valued at AUD $28,092 per annum (2020 rate, tax-exempt).