Scholarships make it easier to access education. Therefore, Heidelberg University is granting International PhD Scholarships in Geoinformatics. The bursary is available for the academic year 2021-2022.
This educational award is available to students from West and Central Africa who want to undertake a PhD degree programme in Germany at the university.
Heidelberg University will provide up to 1,200 € per month for high-achieving international students.
User Review( votes)
Heidelberg Institution is a public research university with the mission of generating and harnessing knowledge and skills for the benefit of current and future generations in a spirit of open-mindedness and tolerance toward individuals and ideas. In Heidelberg, Germany, it is one of the top public universities.
Why study at Heidelberg University? From the Bachelor level forward, Heidelberg University considers the training of its students and young researchers to be just as vital as its academic and social obligations. By using innovative concepts for research-based teaching, it allows for early integration into research topics and procedures.
Application Deadline: 15th July 2021
- University or Organization: Heidelberg University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: 1,200 € per month.
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: Students from West and Central Africa
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Geoinformatics
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be successfully enrolled at Heidelberg University.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants are required to complete the online application of the chosen course and enrol themselves in the university. Applicants are required to send the completed application form to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: The applicants must submit the following documents at the time of application:
- Curriculum vitae in table form
- Letter of motivation with reference to the topic of the doctorate
- Recommendation letter from a university instructor in the specific field
- Proof of citizenship
- Self-disclosure of revenue and expenditure (part of the application form)
- Evidence confirming the financial situation (payslip of the parents, own wage slips etc.)
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a masters degree from a recognized university
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to submit scores of the following English language proficiency:
Heidelberg University will provide the educational fund in the following manner:
- The amount of the scholarship for doctoral students is 1,200 € per month.
- The award period is generally 2 semesters. An extension is possible on request and if all requirements are met (academic performance, financial hardship, availability of funds) for a maximum period of 2 semesters.