Indiana University Bloomington is very keen to provide an exciting funding scheme named as Scott and Kathryn Schurz Latin American Scholarship. This award is renewable for four years.
The applications of this scholarship package are available for new incoming freshmen students from Spanish and Portuguese-speaking countries in South and Central America and the Caribbean.
This scholarship will benefit students by providing educational fund to cover up expenses.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1820, Indiana University Bloomington is innovative, creative, and modern institution for higher learning. It is globally known for its world-class contributions in research and the arts. With more than 40,000 students, it is the flagship institution of the Indiana University system.
Why study at Indiana University Bloomington? Awe-inspiring faculty, dynamic campus life, international culture, and great facilities are some of the best aspects of this wonderful institution. It has been dedicated to changing the lives of students through its high-quality education and opportunities.
Application Deadline: The applications for this grant will be accepted only through November 1, 2023.
- University or Organization: Indiana University Bloomington
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Awards: Educational fund
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking countries
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: Spanish and Portuguese-speaking countries
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate degree programme in journalism
- Eligibility Criteria: To book your place in this programme, candidates need to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must incoming students must apply to IU Bloomington by November 1, selecting journalism as their intended major
- Applicants must be from Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking countries in South and Central America and the Caribbean.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: There is no special application process for this scholarship. Award will be made automatically to all eligible students admitted into an undergraduate degree programme in journalism at Indiana University Bloomington.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants need to provide the following documents along with their application for admission: A pre-qualification degree, copies of academic transcripts, certificates of English language proficiency, a statement, and a copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants of an undergraduate degree programme must hold a high school diploma.
- Language Requirement: Applicants will have to meet the university’s English proficiency requirement for admission by attaining the necessary score on any one of the following tests:
- TOEFL (internet-based test) with a score of 79
- TOEFL (paper-based test) with a score of 550
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a score of 6.5
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) with a score of 79
- SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing with a score of 560
- ACT English section with a score of 21
- Pearson PTE with a score of 53
This scholarship will grant students educational funds so that they can easily obtain undergraduate level education in journalism at Indiana University Bloomington.