The University of Liverpool is looking for highly motivated and ambitious students to take part in the PhD Studentships in Machines and the Heart or Using AI to predict cardiovascular risks from CT images or medical imaging and deep learning to heart diseases. Students can apply for the academic year 2022-2023.
The successful PhD candidate will benefit from working with a multidisciplinary team with extensive experience in computer science, image processing, high-performance computing, mathematics, and medicine.
Worthy opportunity for applicants in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Liverpool is a public research university based in Liverpool, England. It gained its Royal Charter in 1903. The university is ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide according to the Academic ranking of world universities and has previously been ranked among the top 150 universities globally. The university aims to support students as they become highly employable, creative, and culturally rich graduates, with the capacity to find employment that will enable them to be agents for change in a connected world.
Why choose to study at the University of Liverpool? The university provides a distinctive student experience, learning, and teaching in cutting-edge disciplines. Liverpool has a reputation for sport, music, architecture, and culture. The university has received numerous Best City for Students awards, and the city offers an unbelievable variety of shops, restaurants, bars, and clubs to suit all tastes and budgets. The university has relatively high-quality educational resources and excellent students.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by July 31, 2022.
- University or Organization: The University of Liverpool
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in biological and medical sciences or mathematics, computer science, electrical engineering, medical imaging, biomedical engineering, physics, or equivalent MSc/BSc degree offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- It is essential to have good background knowledge in mathematics, machine learning, computer programming (e.g., Python or C++), signal/image processing, and a proactive approach to their work.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must apply to their preferred course of study through the university’s online portal. To apply for the studentship, interested applicants are encouraged to contact Professor Yalin Zheng ([email protected]) by email.
- Supporting Documents: To complete the online application, you’ll need:
- School or college transcripts/ certificates
- University transcripts
- Degree certificates
- Personal statement
- Two references signed and on letter-headed paper (these should be academic references if you have been in full-time education in the last three years)
- Research proposal (may be tested for plagiarism, collusion, and other irregularities).
- Admission Requirements: The successful candidate should have or expect to have an Honors Degree at 2.1 or above (or equivalent) in Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science.
- Language Requirement: Candidates whose first language is not English should have an IELTS score of 6.5 (with no band below 5.5) or equivalent.
The University of Liverpool will provide fully funded awards in the UK for the academic year 2022/2023.