Flinders University is giving talented students an excellent chance through its International Postgraduate Research Scholarships to pursue their higher studies in Australia.
The award is accessible for international applicants who wish to pursue postgraduate research in any field in Australia at Flinders University. The scholarship will give the applicants benefits towards tuition fees and provide a resettlement allowance worth $1,485 initially.
Amazing opportunity for students to get financial assistance in Australia.
User Review( votes)
Flinders University is a public university in Adelaide, South Australia. It is a leading international university ranked 423rd in QS Global World Rankings 2021. It strives to be internationally recognized as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporary education, and the source of Australia’s most enterprising graduates.
Why study at Flinders University? Flinders University doesn’t limit itself to teaching the students the ins and outs of their particular degree; instead, students graduate with skills that they can apply across all sorts of careers. Students will learn creative and critical thinking skills, analytical skills, study skills, writing skills, and much more. Students are constantly challenged and intellectually stimulated and enjoy working in a challenging, stimulating environment.
Application Deadline: 4 August 2023. Applications will be open on 10 April 2023.
- University or Organization: Flinders University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate Research
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: 5
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of any overseas country except Australia and New Zealand
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can apply for any Postgraduate Research degree program at Flinders University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The applicants must have applied for a full-time Master’s by Research degree program.
- The applicants must be accepted into the applied program.
- Be a citizen of any overseas country except New Zealand, and not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status, or New Zealand citizenship; and
- Intend to commence full-time study for a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time, in the year for which the award is to offer. Students who commenced their higher degree by research in the previous year but who, due to the timing of their application for admission and subsequent enrolment, were unable to apply for a FIPRS in that year, or, commenced a higher degree by research and terminated that enrolment within six months of commencement, may be considered; and
- Intend to enroll in an area of research concentration. These are areas in which the University has a particular strength, has concentrated its research resources and has attracted external funding; and
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for a FIPRS, applicants will need to first submit an application for admission to a Research higher degree (PhD or Master of Arts by research) followed by an application for the International HDR Scholarship group. After completing their admissions applications, they will receive access to the student system where they can lodge their application for scholarships.
- The applicant must create and apply through the student login of Flinders University. There is no separate application for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Three-year undergraduate degree from an Australian university or equivalent
- Official translation of transcripts if not in English.
- Copy of passport
- Additional course-specific requirements
- Admission Requirements: The applicants are required to have a four-year degree with a significant research project in the final year of at least six months and 18,000 words to be admitted to a Master’s by Research degree program at Flinders.
- Language Requirement: The students must have the required score on the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
- Completion certificate of English programs approved by ELICOS
- Satisfy all entry requirements for a higher degree by research, including the English proficiency levels in accordance with the English Language Proficiency Requirements for HDR Candidature
The scholarship covers the international student tuition fees, a generous living allowance paid at the rate of $33,000 per annum (2023 rate, tax-exempt), Overseas Health Care cover, and an establishment allowance of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares.
The scholarship is tenable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two years for a Research Masters’s degree.