The Embassy of Japan is offering Specialized Training Scholarships for Indian students who want to pursue an undergraduate degree programme in Japan.
Japanese government award programme aims to enhance the role of students in the field of Technology, Personal Care and Nutrition, Education and Welfare, Business, Fashion and Home Economics, Culture and General Education.
Marvellous opportunity for Indian students to study in Japan.
User Review( votes)
Why should you apply for this program? Excellent safety, accessibility, and high quality of life standards make Japan a top location for students. Studying in Japan means you will further your studies in a well-rounded education system, experience a unique new culture, and gain a more international perspective.
Application Deadline: May 28, 2021
- University or Organization: Embassy of Japan in India
- Department: NA
- Course level: Undergraduate
- Award: 117,000 Yen/month
- Numbers of award: 18
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Indian
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible countries: India
- Eligible course or subjects: Undergraduate degree programme in Technology, Personal Care and Nutrition, Education and Welfare, Business, Fashion and Home Economics, Culture and General Education.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be born on or after April 2, 1997.
- Individuals who have completed 12 years of schooling in countries other than Japan
- Individuals who are 18 years of age or older and have successfully passed an academic qualification examination that is equivalent to the completion of 12 years of schooling in countries other than Japan
- Individuals who have completed studies at international schools in Japan that are officially recognized as equivalent to high schools in countries other than Japan
- Individuals who have completed 11 years or more of education courses designated by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology in countries other than Japan
- Individuals who hold an International Baccalaureate, German Abitur or French Baccalauréat diploma, or who meet the GCE A level course requirements specified by each professional training college
- Individuals who have completed 12 years of the curriculum at international schools in Japan that are accredited by any of the following international accreditation organizations: WASC, CIS or ACSI
- Individuals who are 18 years of age or older and have successfully passed the Upper Secondary School Equivalency Examination in Japan
- Individuals who are 18 years of age or older and are recognized by the educational institutions to which they apply for admission, through their admission qualification examinations, as having an academic ability that is equivalent to a high-school diploma or above
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To grasp the opportunity, aspirants have to fill the funding form and sent their application through courier or post:
- For students residing in West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand and Odisha: Consulate General of Japan in Kolkata [email protected] (application sent on mail)
- For students residing in Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, and Telangana: Consulate General of Japan in Chennai No 12/1 Cenetoph Road, 1st Street, Teynampet, Chennai 600018
- For students residing in the remaining states and union territories: Embassy of Japan, 50-G, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110021
- Supporting Documents: You must submit the following documents when you apply:
- Certificate of Health
- Sample Format of Recommendation Letter(Since the board examination is postponed, a separate detailed recommendation letter [accessible format] from your current school shall be used to assess the candidates.)
- Admission Requirement: The candidate must provide the followings:
- Language Requirement: Aspirants must have to complete the following requirements:
- Certificate of attendance at a Japanese language institute and the transcript (if the applicant is residing in Japan)
- Japanese language proficiency certificate (if the applicant is residing outside Japan)
The Embassy of Japan in India will provide18 scholarships (depending on candidates’ written test scores) of 117,000 Yen/month (Approx. Rs.82,978 per month), tuition fees are exempted, and one round trip air ticket free.