Applications are being accepted for the John Brian Roberts Engineering PhD Scholarship in the Department of Engineering and Design at the University of Sussex. The programme is open for the academic year 2022-2023.
The educational award is designed for the UK, EU, and International applicants. The John Brian Roberts Scholarship will cover living expenses, training costs, and academic fees for candidates from UK/EU countries and from non-EU countries.
Great offer for international students in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1959, the University of Sussex, currently ranked 246th in QS Global World Rankings 2021, is a public research university striving to carry out high-quality research that addresses real-world issues, pressing global policy agendas and business practices, develops current and aspiring leaders who will champion critical and original thinking.
Why study at the University of Sussex? The University of Sussex is an institute that provides students with a chance to change the world. It is internationally recognized for drawing together leading academics from different disciplines and has an approach that ensures the most powerful and meaningful results. Their classes are designed to help you excel in school, your profession, and life. Students will learn essential skills such as problem-solving, decision-making under uncertainty, intercultural communication, and corporate context-awareness.
Application Deadline: 16 May 2022 0:00 (GMT) is the deadline for interested students to submit their applications.
- University or Organization: University of Sussex
- Department: Engineering and Design
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £16,062
- Number of Awards: 1
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: UK, EU, or International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom
- Eligible Countries: Students from the UK, EU, or International are eligible to apply
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Engineering and Design at the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Eligible candidates will have a 2:1 degree or equivalent in a related field.
- Open to candidates from both UK/EU countries and non-EU countries.
- The University of Sussex believes that the diversity of its staff and student community is fundamental to creative thinking, educational innovation, intellectual challenge, and the interdisciplinary approach to research and learning. We celebrate and promote diversity, equality, and inclusion amongst our staff and students. As such, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must apply to the desired PhD programme at the university. After that, candidates must apply via the online application for this funding opportunity.
- Supporting Documents: To apply for the scholarship, you will be required to provide a research topic and write a research proposal and Degree certificates, Transcripts, Academic references, CV
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a 2:1 degree or equivalent in a related field.
- Language Requirement: All teaching at Sussex is English, and you must be sufficiently fluent in English to benefit from your education.
The university will provide a tax-free stipend at a standard rate of £16,062 per year for 3.5 years and a research training grant of £2,000 for 3.5 years.