The Gotha Research Library, in cooperation with the Kulturstiftung des Freistaat Thuringen, is offering national and international authors an opportunity to study in Germany with its Library Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023.
Authors of all literary genres who would like to deal with the holdings of the Gotha Research Library in the research phase of their literary projects are eligible to apply for this scholarship. The students will be selected on the basis of their application. Scholarships worth 1,500 EUROS will be presented to chosen candidates.
The scholarship includes exciting benefits that will enhance the learning experience.
User Review( votes)
The Gotha Research Library at Friedenstein Castle is one of the most important historical libraries in the German-speaking world. The center is a part of the collections of the Duchy of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg. The library preserves an important collection of letters from German emigrants to America from the 19th and early 20th centuries and is also suitable for literary discoveries are the rich holdings of travel literature, the estate of the science fiction author Kurd Laßwitz, or the area of the Illuminati Order, which was intensively researched in Gotha.
Application Deadline: The applications are currently rolling and students are open to applying.
- University or Organization: Gotha Research Library
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: 1,500 EUROS
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany.
- Eligible Countries: All international students and national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can undertake research study at the Gotha Research Library.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must want to work on their literary projects and to work with the holdings of the research library.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must submit the application form. All students that apply will be considered for this scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- the completed application form with a detailed indication of the relevant holdings
- Curriculum Vitae
- Short project outline (2 to 5 pages of 1,800 characters each incl. spaces)
- List of publications with text sample (up to 10 pages)
- Admission Requirements: Students must have relevant prior academic qualifications such as bachelor’s or master’s degrees.
- Language Requirement: The students must know German or Dutch, or provide English language proficiency proof as per the requirements of the center.
The selected students will be provided the following:
- A one-month scholarship of 1,500 euros.
- Travel expenses and accommodation in the guest house of the Gotha Research Centre (accommodation unit with private bathroom and kitchen).
- A project presented as part of public reading is planned.
- For scholarship holders with children, a one-time family supplement of 100 euros is granted. The birth certificate is valid as proof.