Are you keen on securing funding to pursue your research study in the USA? If you are, then you can participate in the Mellon Scholars Research Fellowships program offered by Library Company of Philadelphia and begin your journey for the academic year 2023-2024.
The fellowship programmes are created to promote research in the collections to enhance the production of scholarly work in African American history of the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries. All, international or domestic, PhD holders are eligible to apply and secure funding worth $50,000.
User Review( votes)
The Library Company of Philadelphia is a non-profit organization founded in 1713. It has a charity score is 82.09, earning it a 3-Star rating. The Library Company of Philadelphia is an independent research library concentrating on American society and culture.
The Library Company of Philadelphia aims to foster scholarship in and increase public understanding of American history before 1900 by preserving and interpreting the valuable materials in our care. It tries to partner and connects with thousands of visitors annually, ensuring that the lessons of the past will continue to amaze, instruct, and inspire future generations.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2023.
- University or Organization: The Library Company of Philadelphia
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: $50,000
- Number of Awards: Two
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: Students of all nationalities can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can undertake the research programme in African-American history at the institute.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must hold a PhD by 1st September 2023.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission and fellowship applications are made together. Students can start their applications here.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants need to submit a résumé, a 500-750-word personal statement, and a one-to-two-page description of the proposed research using Library Company of Philadelphia’s collections describing future goals and how the internship or workshop would further those goals.
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a previous degree certificate with relevant marks.
- Language Requirement: The students must comply with the requirements of the programme they choose. English proficiency is required.
The organization will award the selected students a sum of $50,000 academically to cover the educational costs of a research degree in the USA.