The University of Amsterdam is a public research university that ranks among the top 20 universities in Europe and the top 65 worldwide in various world rankings and has a long history of improvement and strives to be inclusive, a place where everyone may develop to their full potential and feel welcome, safe, respected, supported and valued.
Get financial assistance and complete your doctoral degree in Netherlands.
User Review( votes)
Why study at the University of Amsterdam? Students of the University of Amsterdam benefit from excellent academic career paths, with multiple options to pursue a study within or across disciplines. It is not only a leading global network of research-intensive universities, but it is also an active partner in many EU-wide initiatives with other universities and research institutions. The programs offered by the University of Amsterdam contain a high level of autonomy, reflecting the respect for individual opinions and convictions that results in an interactive teaching style that encourages students to develop self-reliance and independent thought.
Application Deadline: 25th June 2021
- University or Organization: University of Amsterdam
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £3,061
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: Nationals of the Netherlands, as well as other international students, are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme in protein-lipid interactions in plant cells.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must hold relevant qualifications.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must use the university portal to apply. The applicants must fill the scholarship form to apply for the vacancy.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Letter of motivation
- Copy of passport for proof of identity
- Transcripts till the most recent education
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold an MSc in biochemistry/molecular cell biology to be admitted to the mentioned PhD programme at the University of Amsterdam.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL – 100
- IELTS – 7.0
- Cambridge – 183
- CAE – B
- CPRE – C
The selected applicants will be offered a temporary contract for 38 hours per week for four years, and a gross monthly salary will range from €2,395 in the first year to €3,061. The applicants will also be offered an additional holiday allowance of up to 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.