Do you want financial help to complete your education? Then, the University of Agder has just the opportunity for you named as the PhD Research Fellowships in Marine Microbial Ecology. Applications are now open for the academic year 2022-2023.
The PhD project will be developed with a focus on changes in the microbial communities in this fjord and coastal ecosystem, and the drivers of these changes. Molecular genetic tools will be used to identify microbial organisms and potentially also microbial functions.
Amazing opportunity to get financial assistance in Norway.
User Review( votes)
The University of Agder is a public university with campuses in Kristiansand and Grimstad, Norway. It has received full university accreditation and became the University of Agder on September 1, 2007. UiA seeks to be an open and inclusive university characterized by a collaborative culture. Knowledge is successfully co-created when staff, students and the larger community challenge each other at Agder. The University of Agder is a state-owned university, led by an elected rector and appointed University Director.
Why study at the University of Agder? It is a vibrant University with highly prepared teachers, amazing facilities and an excellent student environment. University ranked was 1266. it has several priority research centers in coastal ecology, eHealth, mathematics, artificial intelligence, and nutrition, among others. Furthermore, the School of Business and Law at UiA is internationally accredited by the AACSB, one of only two business schools in Norway.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by July 10, 2022
- University or Organization: University of Agder
- Department: Department of Natural Sciences
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary (NOK 501 200)
- Number of Awards:
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Norway
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in marine microbial ecology.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Marine fieldwork experience
- Laboratory measurements related to seawater and plankton samples
- Molecular ecology-related laboratory techniques
- Bioinformatic competence (e.g. in analyzing genetic, genomic or transcriptomic data)
- Driver’s license for car
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application and any necessary information about education and experience (including diplomas and certificates) will be sent electronically. Use the link “Apply for this job. “
- Supporting Documents: The following documentation must be uploaded electronically:
- Certificates with grades
- Master’s thesis
- Academic work and R&D projects, as well as a list of these
- The project description has a full scope of 2 pages, including a reference list. The outline should present and discuss possible research questions, theoretical perspectives and methods within the framework.
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a master’s degree in marine biology, microbial ecology or a similar/related field. Candidates in the closing stages of their master’s degree can also apply.
- Language Requirement: International candidates that are not exempt from the English language requirements under the guidelines of the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (NOKUT) must document this through one of the following tests with the stated results or better:
- TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language with a minimum score of 600 for the Paper-based Test (PBT) or 92 for the Internet-based Test (iBT)
- IELTS – International English Language Testing System, with the result of 6.5
The university will provide a salary of NOK 501 200 gross per year.
- Professional development in a large, exciting and socially influential organisation
- A positive, inclusive and diverse working environment
- Modern facilities and a comprehensive set of welfare offers
- Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund