If working with managers and manufacturing workers interests you, the Queensland University of Technology is looking for you! QUT is seeking dynamic students to apply for the PhD Scholarships in Future Workforce Skills and Security. Applications are open for the academic year 2022-2023.
Australian and New Zealander students that have recently completed a relevant master’s degree qualification and are willing to complete a 12-month placement as part of their candidature are eligible candidates for this position. An annual stipend of AU$33,413 will be awarded to the selected candidate.
Nice opportunity for students to get financial assistance in Australia.
User Review( votes)
The Queensland University of Technology, ranked in the top 10 Australian universities by the Excellence in Research for Australia and the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, is a public research university that aims to tackle global challenges and achieve sustainability through research and teaching.
Why study at the Queensland University of Technology? QUT provides students with work-integrated learning to prepare them for a real-world career. The study programmes at QUT are built around practical experience and hands-on learning to ensure that the students have access to the best lecturers, study with the most advanced technology and learning spaces, and gain a tonne of hands-on experience with the industry to prepare them for the real world.
Application Deadline: There is no deadline to apply. Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
- University or Organization: Queensland University of Technology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: AU$33,413
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: All Australian and New Zealand national students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD study in Future Workforce Skills and Security at QUT can be undertaken.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have recently completed Masters of Philosophy or Research Masters.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students are required to apply using the online platform of the university. To participate in the scholarship programme, interested students must submit their expression of interest here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic records
- Employment experience
- Proof of residence
- Research proposal
- an overview of your interest in the topic, skills, and experience, and proposed research methods
- details of your choice of project and supervisor
- an up-to-date CV indicating previous lab experience and skills
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have recently completed a degree (first-class honors) or Masters of Philosophy in human resource management, employee relations, change management, sociology of work, or a related field, with a particular interest in the impact of technology on work, workers or workplaces.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- PTE Academic – 58
- IELTS Academic – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 79
- CAE – 176
- CPE – C1
The successfully selected applicants will receive a living allowance of AU$33,413 pa (ARC 2020 rate) for three years by QUT.