Sophia University is delighted to announce the Benefactors’ International Scholarships to students who are facing financial hardships on the way to fulfill their dream of studying in Japan.
The scholarship programme is meant for all international students that wish to apply for any undergraduate or graduate degree programme at Sophia for the academic year 2022-2023. A partial or full tuition fee will be awarded.
User Review( votes)
Sophia University, ranking in the QS World University Rankings and position 123rd in the country, is a Catholic established renowned university in Japan. It thrives to be a global campus that brings together students and faculty members from different cultural, linguistic, and religious backgrounds.
Why choose to study at Sophia University? The university is a very dedicated place that holds equally dedicated faculty members who take full responsibility for their students. Sophia is witnessing continuous academic progress over the years by guaranteeing freedom of thought and study. Internationally oriented curriculum and rigorous training in foreign languages are stressed at Sophia.
Application Deadline: 15th December 2021
- University or Organization: Sophia University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Graduate
- Award: Full Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thai, Vietnam, Algeria, Egypt, Sudan, Tunisia, Morocco, Libya, Ghana?Cape Verde, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Cote d’Ivoire, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Togo, Nigeria, Niger, Burkina Faso, Benin, Mali, Mauritania, Liberia, Gabon, Cameroon, Republic of Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, San Tome and Principe, Equatorial Guinea, Chad, Central African Republic, Uganda, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Comoros, Djibouti, Seychelles, Somalia, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda, Madagascar, Mozambique, Angola, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Namibia, Botswana, Malawi, Republic of South Africa, Mauritius, Lesotho, and the Republic of South Sudan are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can undertake any graduate or undergraduate level study at Sophia.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be new international students at Sophia.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can apply through the university portal that opens in August. The applicants need to fill a scholarship application form
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Transcripts of academic records
- Academic records
- Certificate of income
- Residence certificate
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a Grade Point Average of B (3.0) or better in the standard 4-level rating system or equivalent.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 79
- TOEFL PBT – 550
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEIC – 730
The scholarship winners will be full tuition fee of the first year of study of the undertaken undergraduate or graduate programme at Sophia.