The University Of Strathclyde is pleased to offer Postgraduate Taught Performance Sport Scholarships for UK and EU outstanding applicants for full-time study. The main motive of the programme is to provide financial and medical help to all talented student-athletes who are interested in participating and competing at an international level.
With the help of this programme, students can follow a dual career which is offered on a one-year renewable basis. The Performance Sport Panel review of applications each year. All interested candidates can apply for the academic session 2021/22.
The University Of Strathclyde Glasgow was founded in 1796 as the Andersonian Institute. It is a public research university located in Glasgow, Scotland where approximately 3,200 administrative staff and 22,640 students.
Why study at the University of Strathclyde? It helps in providing living costs, equipment and most importantly study costs so that academic flexibility can be maintained. And students can easily accomplish their dreams and desires.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2021
- University or Organization: University Of Strathclyde
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: Up to £1,000
- Number of Awards: 4
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: UK/EU
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Application forms are accepted from UK/EU.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The financial aid positions will be awarded in Education, English, History, Law, Modern languages, Physical activity for health, Politics, Psychology, Social work and social policy, Speech and language therapy, Journalism, Creative writing, French, Social policy, Teaching, International relations, Social work.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be competing in a Sports Scotland – recognized sport. If University’s objective of being ranked in the top 20 in the UK will be fulfilled, then the priority will be given to students competing in a BUCS-sport.
- Applicants must be competing for at least a junior, if not senior, International level.
- The fully-accessible facility will be available for all the competing students at an elite level within disability sport by their new £31m Sports.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Complete applications form has to be filled online for admission. After that, you can apply for the award.
- Supporting Documents: You need to submit all the following documents:
- Your original current passport
- Your original current Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) if you have one
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Evidence you meet financial requirements
- Evidence of your academic certificates, transcripts or qualifications, if stated on your CAS
- Financial sponsor letter, if you have one
- Admission Requirements: Students will need a good Honours degree qualification from a British university or another equivalent qualification.
- Language Requirement: If English isn’t your first language we need proof of your proficiency in English and accept a number of English language tests.
The University will provide the award amount up to the value of £1,000 with the medical support and financial assistance towards training and competition costs.