Take your education to the heights of the sky with the School of Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering Doctoral Studentships funded by the City, University of London. The program is open for UK, European and International graduates.
The studentships support motivated aspirants wishing to pursue cutting-edge research in any of the School’s key research areas for the academic year 2021-2022.
Great chance for international students.
User Review( vote)
Located in the heart of London, the City, University of London is a leading global university committed to academic excellence focused on business and the professions. It is ranked as the 351st best university in the world.
Why study at the City, University of London? The university offers world-class education and a large number of employment opportunities for students. At the City University of London, students can get the work experience that may be required for their future career.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2021
- University or Organization: City, University of London
- Department: School of Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Awards: £16,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in UK
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Studentships are awarded in the subjects offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria:
- Hold a good honours degree (normally no less than a second class honours degree or an equivalent qualification) in an appropriate subject. Exceptionally, if the first degree is in a different subject area, a university can consider applications from those with a good Master’s Degree in a relevant subject or extensive professional experience in the area of their proposed research
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the studentships, applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss your application in advance with a potential supervisor in the School. Please visit the research degrees web pages below for further information. Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Library and Information Science. The online application can be found in the How to apply section on each of the Research Degree pages listed above.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit all the required documents such as Research proposal (Guidance on how to write a research proposal), copies of Degree Certificates and Transcripts in official English translation, Official work e-mail addresses for two referees and passport.
- Admission Requirements The studentships will be awarded on the basis of outstanding academic achievement and the potential to produce cutting edge research.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose mother tongue is not English must submit proof of English Language proficiency (minimum average score of 6.5 IELTS, with a minimum of 6.0 in each of the four components) if English is not your first language.
A doctoral studentship will provide:
- An annual bursary (£16,000 in 2021/22).
- Full tuition fee for Home and EU students. Applications from international applicants are welcome but the applicant must make appropriate arrangements to cover the difference between the international and home tuition fee.