To financially support outstanding students that want to pursue their studies abroad in China, Shandong University has established the International Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023.
The scholarship can be applied for by all non-Chinese students to fund their bachelor, master, or PhD study in China at Shandong University. The selected candidates will typically receive full or partial tuition fee coverage and a stipend of up to 1,000 MB per month.
This scholarship programme includes amazing benefits that will make your university journey more memorable.
User Review( votes)
Shandong University is a public research comprehensive university in Jinan standing at the 16th rank nationally and 403rd in QS Global World Rankings 2022. Shandong University has been following the mission of “Nurture talent for the world, and seek prosperity for the nation”.
Why choose to study at Shandong University? The university’s motto is “Noble in spirit, endless in knowledge.” The educational quality and competitiveness of the university have remarkably improved. It has a long history of a variety of disciplines and strong academic strength.
Application Deadline: Applications for this scholarship will be accepted till March 31, 2022.
- University or Organization: Shandong University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor, Master, or PhD
- Award: Tuition fee and Monthly stipend
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in China.
- Eligible Countries: Students who are a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Any Bachelor, Master, or PhD programme of choice offered at Shandong can be applied or.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have excellent academic performance and strong scientific research skills.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must log in to the SDU Online Application System for International Students to complete the application. The Application Form for Shandong University?Scholarship?for?International?Students is required to be filled in English or Chinese separately.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- The biographic page of the applicant’s passport
- The high school diploma or equivalent or pre-graduation certification.
- Transcripts of all courses taken when pursuing the high school degree
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree certificate or pre-graduation certification
- Transcripts of all courses taken when pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- A Letter of Motivation in Chinese or English
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- Certificate of No Criminal Conviction
- Scanned copies of Statement of Financial Support
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a high school graduate or an equivalent qualification and be under the age of 25 when applying for Bachelor programs, or a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification and be under the age of 35 when applying for Master programs, or a Master’s degree or an equivalent qualification and be under the age of 40 when applying for Ph.D. programs.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English/Chinese language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
- TOEFL IBT – 80
- 210 points or above in the HSK 4 test when applying for Bachelor programs
- 180 points or above in the HSK 5 test when applying for Master programs
- 180 points or above in the HSK 6 test when applying for Ph.D. programs
The university will provide the selected international student’s tuition fee and a monthly stipend as follows:
|First Class||(1) The tuition fee for the duration of the study;
(2) A monthly stipend of 700 RMB for Bachelor’s students and Master’s students. For Ph.D. students, the amount is 1,000 RMB per month.
|Second Class||A yearly 50% reduction of the tuition fee|
|Third Class||A yearly 20% reduction of the tuition fee|