This program aims to support postdoctoral fellows from Arab countries and enable them to conduct research or research-related activities in France.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1963, the Foundation Maison des Sciences de l’Homme supports research in Humanities and Social Sciences around the world. Since it was established more than 50 years ago, it has continued to support high standards in both research and education.
Why should you apply for this programme? In addition to encouraging new research, FMSH also fosters multidisciplinary discourse and the free flow of researchers and knowledge. FMSH is a widely acknowledged public utility. It collaborates with organizations around the world to further the study of human societies and the humanities.
Application Deadline: December 9, 2022
- University or Organization: Fondation Maison des Sciences de l’Homme (FMSH) and the Arab Council for the Social Sciences
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Award: 1,600 €
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Arab countries
- The award can be taken in France
- Eligible Countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD program in the social sciences or humanities
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants should have obtained their PhDs at the time of application. In case the PhD was obtained from a university outside the Arab region, the applicant should have been a resident in the Arab region for at least two years prior to the time of application
- Applicants can be affiliated with a public or private research institution in the Arab region, but they do not necessarily need to have a permanent position.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must submit an online application (including research proposal and appendices) through the FMSH website AND fill out a profile page on the ACSS Before submitting their application, applicants must have secured a French research institution willing to host them during the time of their fellowship
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit a bibliography of relevant sources of the research project, Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum), copy of the PhD diploma, proof of citizenship or long-term residence in an Arab country, an official letter from the hosting research center in France addressed to the Arab Council for the Social Sciences and Fondation Maison des Sciences de l’Homme expressing the center’s willingness to host the applicant during the time of fellowship and to provide academic mentoring. You can use the ACSS-FMSH program letter addressed to institutions to help you obtain the required official letter from the hosting research center in France, reference letter from the head of the institution in the region to which the applicant is affiliated explaining the research activities the applicant has been engaged in during their tenure at the institution.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants should have obtained their PhDs at the time of application
- Language Requirement: Students must be proficient in writing and speaking the English language.
Fellows will receive a monthly stipend of 1,600 € (paid at the beginning of each month of stay in France). The stipend is intended to cover accommodation, living, and transportation costs, as well as research costs. The ACSS and FMSH will also cover the cost of one roundtrip ticket for each successful applicant from their country of residence to France and back.