Tuition fees for research studies can be difficult to arrange. Therefore, the University of York and White Rose College of the Arts & Humanities have partnered to bring AHRC PhD Studentships to international and home country students for the academic year 2022-2023.
Funded by the White Rose College of the Arts & Humanities (WRoCAH), this studentship will be awarded to any international or home country student that applies to pursue a PhD study at York. Students will compete and participate in a fully-funded Doctoral Training Programme and PhD degree study in the UK.
Nice opportunity for international students who want to complete their PhD studies in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of York, ranked 119th by the Times Higher Education ranking for 2019, is a collegiate research university-driven to provide the highest standard of customer satisfaction, value for money and quality of the product within a friendly and helpful environment.
Why study at the University of York? It is one of the world’s premier institutions for inspirational and life-changing research. The University of York is known for its renowned academic, whose research brings vibrancy and cutting edge ideas to the teaching students receive at York. It is highly committed to giving a broad demographic of students’ access to high quality, research-intensive learning environment committed to the public good.
Application Deadline: January 26, 2022
- University or Organization: University of York
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: 45
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the UK.
- Eligible Countries: Home country and international students, both, are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can undertake a postgraduate PhD programme at York.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must participate in the WRoCAH competition and apply to the University of York.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications are to be made via the university application portal. Application details for the studentships can be obtained on the official website of WRoCAH.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic transcripts
- Two references
- Research proposal
- Samples of written work
- Personal statement
- Evidence of financial support.
- Admission Requirements: Students are required to have relevant qualifications, typically a bachelor and a master degree in a relevant field.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of either of the following accepted language test:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (Academic and Indicator)
- PTE Academic
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE
- Cambridge Proficiency (CPE)
- TOEFL IBT (internet-based and special home edition) (TOEFL MyBest score is not acceptable for meeting the English language requirement)
- Trinity ISE
Students that participate in the studentship programme and win will be provided with the tuition fee of the undertaken PhD programme and will be given access to the Doctoral Training Programme.