McMaster University is inviting international students to apply for the Focused Research Awards to gain financial support to earn their research degree in Canada. The grant programme is open for the academic year 2021-2022.
Full-time researchers from foreign countries are eligible to apply for this grant to gain a PhD position at McMaster and a sum of $150,000.
McMaster University is a public research university based in Ontario named among the world’s top 100 universities for the fifth year in a row in 2021. It is deeply committed to creativity, innovation, and excellence.
Why choose to study at McMaster University? McMaster is very supportive of its students and gives them the teaching excellence they deserve with its award-winning staff and groundbreaking teaching models. Along with professionalism, McMaster also strongly promotes students’ personal growth, health, and well-being.
Application Deadline: 15th September 2021
- University or Organization: McMaster University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: $150,000 USD
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada.
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and the United States of America are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicant can undertake research in Health Sciences or Natural Sciences and Engineering at McMaster.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must enroll in a full-time research programme at McMaster before the deadline.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students can apply to McMaster through its official application portal. Eligible research students will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official transcripts
- High school certificate
- Diploma degree
- University qualification
- Admission Requirements: Students need a minimum 3.0 GPA overall.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- CAE – 190
- PTE – 60
- CAEL – 70
- TOEFL – 86
- Duolingo – 115
The selected candidates will be awarded $150,000 towards their research degree programme fee by McMaster.