The University College Cork is looking for brilliant students to apply for the 24-month Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions International Postdoctoral Research Fellowships on the INSPIRE programme for the academic year 2022/2023.
The programme will develop an intersectoral training, career development, and mobility fellowship that will address real global challenges.
A fine chance for applicants in the Ireland.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1845, the University College Cork has 21,000 students, which include 15000 students in the undergraduate and 4400 in postgraduate and research programs. The university is one of Ireland’s leading research institutes, with the highest research income in the state. International students are part of a dynamic, multi-cultural community of scholars, academics, and professionals.
Why study at the University College Cork? UCC is one of Ireland’s leading universities. UCC offers students all the advantages of a bustling, vibrant, safe, friendly, and cosmopolitan city. UCC is the ideal university for students looking for rich academic and extra-curricular experience. It’s ranked in the 251-300 bands in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Ranking.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 30th September 2022.
- University or Organization: University College Cork
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Salary ( €47,934 )
- Number of Awards: 20
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Ireland
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral degree in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Food Science, Cell Biology, Cancer research, and Neuroscience offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants may be of any nationality.
- Applicants must be experienced researchers (ER). The definition of an ER in the H2020 MSCA program will be applied: ERs must, at the call deadline, have a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience. FTE research experience is measured from when a researcher obtained the degree that would entitle her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country that the degree was obtained or the country in which the researcher is recruited, irrespective of whether a doctorate is or was ever envisaged.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications must be submitted in PDF format to the INSPIRE Email address [email protected] with the subject heading. Complete and submit the Expression of Interest form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must have required letters of commitment (maybe a scanned email) from the academic supervisor to be included in Part A
- Letter of commitment from the secondment host. If unable to secure a letter of commitment from the secondment host, it must be obtained within six months of starting their fellowship.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a previous degree certificate with outstanding academic achievement for taking admission.
- Language Requirement: All postgraduate applicants whose first language is not English must provide evidence of English language proficiency.
The INSPIRE programme will offer 20 prestigious two-year fellowships for incoming mobility across two calls over the 60-month duration, and each will receive an INSPIRE Fellowship Gross Salary of €47,934 per year.