The project thus offers a unique opportunity to work in a truly multi-disciplinary context with internationally renowned domain experts, which offers the possibility to expand your horizon to other disciplines, cooperate with experienced specialists of these disciplines, and contribute to creating new knowledge about the history of South America.
Worthy opportunity for students in the Netherlands.
User Review( votes)
Leiden University is a public research university in Leiden, Netherlands. The university was founded as a Protestant university in 1575. It is the oldest institution of higher education in the Netherlands and one of the most reputed in the country and Europe. The university has seven academic faculties and over fifty subject departments while housing more than 40 national and international research institutes. The university is divided into seven major faculties, which offer approximately 50 undergraduate degree programs and over 100 graduate programs.
Why study at Leiden University? Leiden University is a leading European research university, and we enjoy an excellent reputation as a multidisciplinary and research-intensive university. Leiden University offers you the ideal basis for having the time of your life on an exchange or study abroad program. It promotes learning and research, teamwork, international exchanges, talent development, and campus cultural construction.
Application Deadline: Applications should be submitted no later than August 31, 2022.
- University or Organization: Leiden University
- Department: The Faculty of Humanities
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: € 3,974.- to € 5,439
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral degree in data science, statistics, computer science, quantitative ecology, philosophy, religious studies, history, art history, literature, and linguistics offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Demonstrable experience with different statistical approaches
- Demonstrable programming experience with R and package development
- Demonstrable experience with version control (GitHub)
- Independent thinker
- Preferred qualifications include knowledge of methods of analysis used in population genetics, experience with spatial data, and an affinity with South America’s indigenous languages and cultures.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications for the position can be made via this online portal. After getting enrolled, applicants must complete and submit the online application form. Please contact the PI of the ERC project, Dr. Rik van Gijn, by email at [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Applicants should submit online:
- A motivation letter
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Names, positions, and contact information of two referees (no reference letters).
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a PhD degree in data science, statistics, computer science, quantitative ecology, or other relevant fields with outstanding academic achievement for admission.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability Databases typically consist of 70-200 linguistic and cultural features (for 30-150 individual languages) and have spatial coordinates associated with each language.
- Leiden University will provide a salary ranging from € 3,974.- to € 5,439.- gross per month (pay scale 11) based on full-time employment by the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with other holidays (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training, and career development. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses, we have set up a dual career program.