The University of Tokyo, in partnership with the JAGAM Organisation, is proud to announce the JAGAM Supplementary Scholarships for the academic year 2021-2022.
This scholarship will be given to three Malaysian students who want to pursue an undergraduate programme at the University of Japan. It will provide a one-way economy class plane ticket from Malaysia to Japan and a return ticket upon graduation.
The University of Tokyo is a public research university that ranks 1st in the nation and aims to nurture global leaders with a strong sense of public responsibility and a pioneering spirit, possessing both deep specialism and broad knowledge.
Why choose to study at the University of Tokyo? The University of Tokyo is a leading national university that expands the boundaries of human knowledge in partnership with society. UTokyo provides their students exclusively experiences through different ways of learning. It tries to impart the kind of practical knowledge that employers look for today.
Application Deadline: 15th August 2021
- University or Organization: University of Tokyo
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Airfare
- Number of Awards: 3
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Malaysia
- The award can be taken in Japan.
- Eligible Countries: Malaysia
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate programmes available at the University of Tokyo are eligible to apply for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Applicants must be accepted for the applied undergraduate programme by the university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must refer to the application guidelines to apply in any programme of their choice at UTokyo. Eligible applicants will be considered for the opportunity .
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic transcripts
- Extracurricular activities
- Certificates outside academics
- Study plan
- Letter of recommendation
- Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to have completed a 12-year formal school (primary and secondary) education to be accepted in any programme at UTokyo – PEAK.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 90
- IELTS – 6.5
- JLPT Level N1
Successfully selected Malaysian nationals will receive a one-way economy class airline ticket from Malaysia to Narita/Haneda International Airport and a return economy-class ticket upon graduation.