Indian Institute of Governance and Leadership and DHET are now awarding the Nelson Mandela Friendship Scholarships to able students with financial limitations to gain higher education in South Africa.
This distance learning scholarship programme offers students an opportunity to become agents of change in international and diplomatic affairs. The programme combines problem-solving, structural analysis, project development, and management with a comprehensive theoretical and critical examination of the political, cultural, legal, and socioeconomic practices.
User Review( votes)
The Department of Higher Education and Training is one of the departments of the South African government. It oversees universities and other post-secondary education in South Africa. It was created in 2009 after the election of President Jacob Zuma when the former Department of Education was divided.
The DHET also works with various other governments and institutions to promote and support the offering and uptake of international scholarships. At this time, the Department does not fully fund any scholarships for international studies and our role varies from programme to programme, across the different opportunities.
Application Deadline: September 20, 2021
- University or Organization: Indian Institute of Governance and Leadership and DHET
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Diploma Certificate
- Award: Study material fees and expenses
- Number of Awards: 51
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: South African
- The award can be taken in South Africa
- Eligible Countries: South Africa
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Diploma certificate in Indian Foreign Policy, Peace, conflict, and negotiations, International Organizations, International Economics, International Law Principles, Trade, resources, and international business, and Contemporary Developments in Global Arena.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants in possession of a National Higher Certificate
- Undergraduate students currently pursuing any course from a higher learning institution
- Postgraduate students
- Working Professionals/Researchers.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must complete the online application form. After successful completion of the online form, applicants must send an email to the IIGL at [email protected] to confirm submission.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must have to submit the academic transcripts of all the previous schools attended.
- Admission Requirements: Aspirants must have a previous degree certificate with relevant marks.
- Language Requirement: Students must be proficient in written and spoken English language.
The scholarship covers the range of study material fees and expenses necessary to support their studies.