Curtin University is proud to offer the PhD international awards in Minerals Energy and Chemical Engineering for the academic year 2021-2022.
International and domestic applicants who want to to undertake a PhD programme at Curtin University are eligible to receive this application towards the programme tuition fee and also receive a stipend. Candidates who demonstrate competence in polymeric materials and composites and expertise in metallic materials, physical metallurgy, and non-destructive methods will be considered for this award.
Ranking 34th in the Young University Rankings 2020, Curtin University is an Australian public research university that hold a future vision to change minds, lives and the world through leadership, innovation and excellence in teaching and research.
Why choose to study at Curtin University? Curtin University is a universally recognised international leader in research and education. It is a beacon for positive change, embracing the challenges and opportunities of our times to advance understanding and change lives for the better. Curtin provides richly interactive and personalised learning experiences for the students, equipping them with leadership skills for the future and delivers outcomes of significant value to our communities locally, nationally and globally.
Application Deadline: 7th July, 2021
- University or Organization: Curtin University
- Department: Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $28,596
- Number of Awards: 2
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Master by Research and PhD programme in the area of Minerals Energy and Chemical Engineering at Curtin are eligible to apply for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have applied and been accepted in the Curtin University in a relevant full time PhD programme.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants can apply for the desired programme at Curtin via OASIS.
- Applicants must send a CV, publication list, and English score to the in charge, Prof. Mariano Iannuzzi at[email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- All required documents
- Academic transcripts
- Grading system descriptions
- Award certificates
- Certified copies of all the qualifications
- Bachelor certificate
- Master degree
- Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to have a Master and bachelor (First Class Honours) degree of Materials Science and Engineering, or equivalent degree to be admitted in a relevant PhD programme at Curtin.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL – 79
The selected research students will receive a stipend of $28,596 per annum pro rata (tax free) which will be indexed annually for up to 3 years. Additionally a tuition fee waiver will also be provided to international candidates.