Griffith University has partnered with MinterEllison Gold Coast to offer students an opportunity to pursue a law degree in Australia through the Scott Reid Memorial Scholarships for the academic year 2021-2022.
Students from Papua New Guinea who demonstrate leadership and seek to use their law degree to make a difference are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Students who have been accepted by GU will be considered and will receive a sum of money along with a paid clerkship.
Nice chance for students.
User Review( votes)
Griffith University is a public research university ranking 3rd in the 2021 QS University Rankings Top 50 Under 50 and 30th in the 2020 Times Higher Education Top 100 under 50 holdings a mission To transform lives and add to human knowledge and understanding in a way that creates a future that benefits all.
Why choose to study at Griffith University? Griffith University is committed to excellence in work, is ambitious to ensure that the teaching and learning, research, and engagement is of the highest quality. At Griffith, they provide a culturally sensitive environment that promotes reconciliation, education, and engagement. GU engages in ethical collaborations with a wide variety of partners, seeking mutual and sustainable value in our partnerships.
Application Deadline: 16th October 2021
- University or Organization: Griffith University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor
- Award: $5,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Papua New Guinean
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Papua New Guinea.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Bachelor of Laws (Hons), Bachelor of Laws (Hons)/double degree, or Juris Doctor is eligible to apply for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be full-time students that have applied to study an eligible law program at Griffith’s Gold Coast campus by the scholarship application closing date.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants can register and log in with the created credentials on the university portal to apply to the programme of their choice. The applicants are required to fill a separate scholarship application form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university: a certified copy of your academic results.
- Admission Requirements: The students are required to need the entry requirements of a law degree at GU.
- Language Requirement: The students are required to provide the following tests with minimum scores required by the university:
- ELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL – 575
- TOEFL (IBT) – 79
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) – 50
- ISLPR – 3 or higher
The selected students will be given $5,000 as a part of this scholarship for two trimesters of study plus a four-week paid clerkship by the Griffith University.