Are you looking to enhance your research skills and gain new ones? Then, the Kochi University of Technology in Japan is your destination. KUT has started accepting appkications for the Special Scholarship programme for international students for the academic year 2021-2022.
This program is open to Japanese as well as international country candidates towards a post-doctoral research degree at KUT. Eligible students will be given 360-degree coverage of all the incurred costs of their study in Japan from relocation expenses to a monthly stipend and additional living expenses.
The Kochi University of Technology is a prefectural university. It was founded in 1997 with a mission to become a world-class university through the pursuit of unique excellence and now ranks at 171st nationally.
Why choose to study at the Kochi University of Technology? The Kochi University of Technology has had a strong presence with its distinctive character and progressive education system. It believes that a university is a place where a person can grow and has designed its campus and programmes according to its belief. It is an institute that enables creation and communication in a new knowledge culture.
Application Deadline: 17th September 2021
- University or Organization: Kochi University of Technology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Post Doctoral
- Award: 535,800 YEN
- Number of Awards: 3
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from Japan and all other international countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a postgraduate degree in the Department of Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering in an SSP project at KUT.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have an excellent academic record and strong bachelor’s and master’s degrees from reputable universities.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants are required to apply by filling the application form of the university. The candidates are required to fill the Online Pre-Application Request form to gain application access to the scholarship programme and apply further.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Copy of passport
- Past publications
- Original health certificate in English and in Japanese
- Two signed recommendation letter
- Research outline
- Copy of master thesis in English
- Master’s degree certificate
- Master’s academic transcripts
- Bachelor’s degree transcripts
- Copy of an email from the project leader
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must hold a degree from an accredited institution comparable to the master’s degree offered at KUT after 18 years of education, or be scheduled to acquire such a degree before the KUT enrolment date.
- Language Requirement: The students must are required to highly proficient in English. Proficiency certificates such as ILETS, TOEFL CET, etc are accepted.
The selected doctoral students will be exempted from paying the 30,000 YEN entrance examination fee, 300,000 YEN enrolment fee, and 535,800 yen/year tuition fee. They will also additionally be granted living expenses, 150,000 YEN/month in the form of salary, and 150,000 YEN towards travel and initial living costs.