The scholarship award is specifically established for women from certain African countries who wish to study an undergraduate or postgraduate programme in science, mathematics, technology and engineering at Macquarie University.
Great opportunity for international students to receive a 50% reduction on the tuition fee in Australia.
User Review( votes)
Macquarie University is a public research university functioning to serve and engage the students and staff through transformative learning and life experiences and engaging them in the world through discovery, dissemination of knowledge and ideas, innovation and deep partnerships. It is ranked 195th in World University Rankings by Times Higher Education with an overall score of 4.5 stars.
Why choose to study at Macquarie University? Macquarie University is a renowned university known for its first-class facilities, highly skilled graduates, and excellence in interdisciplinary research and teaching. The university offers education in one of the top one per cents of universities in the world, giving the students an internationally recognised and respected degree. It prepares the students for the future and encourages and supports them to develop practical skills to get better career opportunities.
Application Deadline: 2nd July 2021
- University or Organization: Macquarie University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Award: 50%Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: 1
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from sub-Saharan African countries Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, The Gambia Togo, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe are eligible.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can apply for any undergraduate and postgraduate programme in the areas of science, mathematics, technology and engineering.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have applied to and be accepted in a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate programme at MU.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must first complete the online application process of the desired undergraduate or postgraduate programme. Applicants are required to fill a scholarship application form
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Student visa??
- Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to have completed a minimum of 12 years of schooling to be admitted at MU.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELT – 6.5
- TOEFL-iBT – 83
- PTE Academic – 58
- Duolingo – 115
The selected African female applicants will receive a 50% reduction on the tuition fee of the undergraduate or postgraduate programme applied to at Macquarie University.