The PhD scholarship is funded by the University of Otago will be awarded to students who wish to study a PhD programme. All international students are eligible to apply and receive this award to earn and learn simultaneously. The students will be entitled to a fixed stipend per annum and a tuition fee waiver.
The University of Otago based in Dunedin is a collegiate university ranked 184th in the 2020/21 QS World University Rankings and the top 100 in 15 subject areas that aim to create, advance, preserve, promote and apply knowledge, critical thinking and intellectual independence to enhance the understanding, development and well-being of individuals, society and the environment.
Why study at the University of Otago? The University of Otago is recognised as one of the most beautiful campuses in the world that offers the students an unrivalled campus experience and a vibrant, social student culture. Students of the University of Otago are supported by dozens of dedicated on-campus support services, ensuring that students get the very best out of their time there. It holds an uptight reputation for producing well-rounded, practical, adaptable, resilient graduates highly sought after by employers.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: University of Otago
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: NZ$27,000
- Number of Awards: 1
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from all overseas countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can apply to any PhD programme related to Health Research.
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must usually be :
- seeking to obtain their first doctoral qualification
- studying, or planning to study, full-time
- undertaking health-related research
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested applicant must apply through the official online platform and complete their application process. The accepted candidates will receive an application to apply for the opportunity upon acceptance.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants must submit the following documents:
- Academic transcripts
- ID proof
- Research proposal
- Admission Requirements: The applicants are required to hold at least a two-year master’s degree in a relevant field of study.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must attain minimum scores needed on the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
- TOEFL IBT – 80
- TOEFL PBT – 500
- CAE – 176
- CPE – 176
- PTE Academic – 58
Winners of this application will receive advantages in the form of a stipend of NZ$27,000 per annum along with a tuition fee waiver of the applied PhD programme by the University of Otago.