The Aix-Marseille University is actively looking for Postdoctoral candidates to apply for its 18-Month Engineer Positions in Bioinformatics in France. The programme is open for the academic year 2022-2023.
The present project aims at delivering a unique integrating tool to characterize planktonic biodiversity and its evolution with environmental conditions to help identify ecological transitions and shifts. The successful engineer candidate will have the opportunity to work with several laboratories at Aix Marseille University.
A beneficial opportunity for applicants in the France.
User Review( votes)
Aix-Marseille University is a public research university in the southern French region of Provence. It is one of France’s oldest university-level institutions. It has approximately 80,000 students, including over 10,000 international students from 128 countries. AMU has produced many notable alumni in law, politics, business, science, academia, and arts. AMU has hundreds of research and teaching partnerships, including close collaboration with the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS) and the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission (CEA).
Why choose to study at Aix-Marseille University? AMU has developed and structured a rationalized and readable training offer. The university offers a range of cultural activities open to all. It was ranked #180 in Best Global Universities. With a wide range of basic, professional, and research courses (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate, Professional degrees, engineering degrees, State health degrees, DUT), Aix-Marseille University offers a wide range of high-quality courses in six major disciplines.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 01 September 2022.
- University or Organization: Aix-Marseille University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in France
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral degree in Computational sciences or Geomicrobiology, Oceanography, Geochemistry, Biochemistry, Marine Geoscience, Limnology, Microbiology, Ecology, and Bioinformatics offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Evidence of working in multidisciplinary teams and the ability to communicate across disciplines is desirable.
- Candidates should have a strong interest in the marine environment or environmental science.
- Linux bash scripting experience
- Experience in SQL-based languages
- Competence in languages such as Python and R (both for app development and packaging)
- Experience in using distributed version control systems (git)
- Experience in containerization tools like Docker would be an advantage
- Knowledge in Machine Learning / Deep Learning / IA
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the opportunity, applicants have to take admitted to the University and complete the online application form. After being enrolled, applications should be submitted by email to Magali Lescot at [email protected] or Sophie Gambardella at [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must send in one pdf file the following documents: application letter detailing their motivation and how this project fits their skills and professional strategy, Curriculum Vitae, Master’s diploma (or equivalent with ranking and details of grades), 1 or 2 letters of recommendation.
- Admission Requirements: The candidate should have a master’s in computational sciences. Knowledge of environmental issues will be appreciated.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the language requirements of the position they are applying for at the university. Excellent communication skills to interact.
The Aix-Marseille University will provide a salary for aspirants. The fellowship is offered for periods of up to 18-Month in France for the academic year 2022/2023.