The University of Neuchatel is pleased to announce the Fully-funded PhD Positions in Pathogen Genomics, Evolution or Transposable Element Dynamics. The university is now accepting applications for the academic session 2022/2023.
The project will be focused on a major fungal wheat pathogen with extensive population genomics, transcriptomics, and trait datasets from thousands of strains across the globe. The initial duration of the PhD position is four years, with the possibility of an extension.
This is a great opportunity for students to earn higher education in Switzerland.
User Review( votes)
The University of Neuchâtel is a French-speaking university based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland. The university has four faculties and more than a dozen institutes, including arts and human sciences, natural sciences, law, and economics. Programs are classified at undergraduate and graduate levels, such as bachelor’s, Master and doctoral degree programs. The University of Neuchatel offers classes in French as well as English.
Why study at the University of Neuchatel? It was ranked #1018 in Best Global Universities. Studying at Neuchâtel, internationally renowned professors are chosen for their expertise in their fields of study, their teaching skills, and their academic networks are at the heart of an effective mentoring system, allowing students to flourish in their studies.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 10 August 2022.
- University or Organization: The University of Neuchâtel
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Switzerland
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Evolutionary Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, and Molecular Biology offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Motivation and enthusiasm for research are key. Prior experience in population genomics analyses, molecular laboratory work, and statistical analysis are a bonus depending on the precise orientation of the PhD project.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are required to complete and submit the admission application form to apply. After enrolling, please send your application as a single PDF to [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are requested to submit a motivation letter (max 1 page), a CV, transcript records, and contact details of 2-3 references (e.g., MSc supervisor, no letter is required at this stage).
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must hold an MSc degree in biology or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Language Requirement: Students must have an excellent command of English and good academic writing skills.
The University of Neuchatel will provide salary and full-time employment. The initial duration of the PhD position is four years, with the possibility of an extension.