The University of Otago has made higher education in New Zealand accessible for international students with its Dr. Sulaiman Daud 125th Jubilee Postgraduate funding for the academic year 2021-2022.
Students from Malaysia will receive benefits towards tuition fees, a stipend, establishment allowances, and health insurance at the university.
The University of Otago is a collegiate university-based ranked 184th in the 2020/21 QS World University Rankings and counted among the top 100 in 15 subject areas. It aims to give students a well-designed and implementable education.
Whys study at the University of Otago? The University of Otago is a recognized academic institute that creates, advances, preserves, promotes, and applies knowledge, critical thinking, and intellectual independence to enhance the understanding, development, and well-being of individuals, society, and the environment. It offers its students an unrivaled campus experience and a vibrant, social student culture. Otago produces well-rounded, practical, adaptable, resilient graduates, who are highly sought after by employers.
Application Deadline: Applicants can apply at any time
- University or Organization: University of Otago
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate research
- Award: NZ$27,000
- Number of Awards: 1
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Malaysia
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: Malaysia
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can apply for a Postgraduate research programme at Otago.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Applicants must be full-time or part-time postgraduate students at the University of Otago.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must apply through the official online platform and complete their application. Selection will be done predominantly on academic merit and the applicant’s potential for research.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants must submit the following documents:
- Academic records
- Research proposal
- Recommendation letter
- ID proof
- Research proposal
- Admission Requirements: The applicants are required to have received the necessary education to get admitted to a postgraduate programme at Otago.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must attain minimum required scores on the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
- TOEFL IBT – 80
- TOEFL PBT – 500
- CAE – 176
- CPE – 176
- PTE Academic – 58
The selected students will be given $27,000 per annum as a stipend, an establishment allowance of $575, domestic tuition fee waiver (excludes student services fee), health insurance of $600, and an educational allowance of $550 by the University of Otago.