Hokkaido University is inviting students to apply for its Post-Doctoral Positions in Japan for the academic year 2022-2023.
The programme aims to support applicants who are going to enrol in the postdoctoral degree programme at the university.
User Review( votes)
Hokkaido University, often known as Hokudai, is a Japanese national university that is placed 139th in the QS Global World Rankings 2021 and is one of Japan’s best public universities. Its goal is to support world-class research that does not separate theory from practice and to foster new research that does not separate theory from practice.
Why should you study at Hokkaido University? As one of Japan’s oldest, largest, and most prestigious institutions, it has the largest number of faculties among Japan’s national universities. Hokkaido University is committed to developing inquisitive minds that are eager to take on challenges, learn new things, and find answers that will improve society. It provides a diverse educational experience, world-class research facilities, and all of the benefits of living in Sapporo’s multicultural metropolis.
Application Deadline: January 17, 2022
- University or Organization: Hokkaido University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Japan
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: Japan
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- The successful applicant is expected to conduct research based on biology or chemistry in areas related to environmental adaptation science such as analytical technology of pollutant, remediation and reduction of environmental load, environmental risk evaluation, or assessment of biological effect toward the achievement of SDGs.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: All the application material should be sent to the following address by registered mail. Prof. Tatsufumi Okino
- Section of Integrated Environmental Science
- Faculty of Environmental Earth Science, Hokkaido University
- Kita 10 Nishi 5, Kita-ku, Sapporo 060-0810, Japan
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae including Researcher ID (or ORCID)
- An applicant who was employed by Hokkaido University after April 1, 2013 (any position, including Part-time Lecturer, TA, TF, RA, and Short-term Support Assistant, etc.) should provide full details of your employment history.
- Lists of scientific publications (peer-reviewed original papers and others should be separated) and research grants obtained
- Copies of representative papers (up to 5)
- Summaries of past research and educational activities (approx. 1,000 and 600 words, respectively)
- Future plans for research and education (approx. 1,000 and 600 words, respectively)
- Names of two references with contact information
- CD, DVD, or USB memory containing above information (1-6) in PDF files
- Admission Requirements: The applicant must have a doctoral degree and excellent achievements in the related research fields. The successful applicant must conduct education for graduate students in English.
- Language Requirement: Aspirants must have knowledge of the English language.
Hokkaido University will provide salary based on National University Corporation salary rules for faculty subject to the annual salary system.