With a purpose to enable international students to carry out cancer research projects abroad, the Union for International Cancer Control has introduced the Yamagiwa-Yoshida Memorial International Cancer Study Grants for the academic year 2023-2024.
Students, researchers, clinicians, epidemiologists, or public health professionals are eligible to apply to take support from this grant towards their cancer research. The awardees will get $10,000 towards their research project from the Union for International Cancer Control.
Amazing opportunity for applicants.
User Review( votes)
Union for International Cancer Control is a non-governmental organization in Switzerland founded in 1933. UICC unites and supports the cancer community to reduce the overall global cancer burden. It strives to ensure that cancer control continues.
Why choose to study in Switzerland? Switzerland, among all other countries located in Europe, has satisfied students more with its academics. Most of the universities in Switzerland rank high in international student preference as students are very pleased with its top-quality education, compact class sizes, practical courses, and diverse research opportunities. The faculties hired in Swiss universities are dynamic, aware of global scenarios, and highly knowledgeable.
Application Deadline: 30 November 2023
- University or Organization: Union for International Cancer Control
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $10,000
- Number of Awards: 8
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Switzerland.
- Eligible Countries: Applicants residing and applying from any international country are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a research study in cancer.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must actively be engaged in cancer research.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are required to apply to the university of their choice through it particular application process. Grant candidates need to log in and apply here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A Bio-sketch of the applicant
- An Attestation on Headed Paper from Home Supervisor
- Hand-Signed Host Attestation
- Hand-Signed Letter of Invitation on Headed Paper from Host Supervisor
- One-Page Resume of the Host Supervisor’s Project-Related Activities
- Host Supervisor’s Project-Related Publications
- Applicant’s Project-Related Publications
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must possess a 2 year PhD degree or equivalent.
- Language Requirement: The students are required to submit language proficiency proof as per the host university’s requirements.
The selected awardees will receive a sum of $10,000 by UICC on the basis of their research plan to cover the cost of cancer research study at the host institute.