The European School of Molecular Medicine (SEMM) is seeking students to apply for the PhD Fellowships in Systems Medicine for the academic year 2022-2023.
The PhD Program aims to train young and motivated researchers in the wide field of modern Biomedicine. The general idea is that complex system, such as diseases and their pathogenesis, cannot be understood considering a single point of view. The expertise of different scientists, biologists, medical doctors, computer scientists, physicists, and mathematicians must contribute to providing new insights. All admitted students would have a fellowship. It consists of an annual gross amount of € 20.266,50.
A fine chance for applicants in the Italy.
User Review( votes)
SEMM is a private Foundation for higher education in biomedicine established in 2001, which aims to promote training and research within emerging biomedicine sectors. SEMM Foundation is an alliance gathering 2 Universities, two charities, and three research centers. It includes 73 members, of which 37 hold an academic position at the University of Milan or Naples Federico II, and 36 are principal investigators of the school sites.
Why study at the European School of Molecular Medicine (SEMM)? SEMM began its activities using funds made available by the Italian Ministry of Health. The Umberto Veronesi Foundation (FUV) has been especially important to them as it contributes funding for research costs, SEMM teaching staff, and student fellowships. SEMM has created training programs that integrate basic research and clinical practice. Their interdisciplinary programs provide students with the skills they will need to face emerging challenges in the biomedical field. SEMM promotes training and research within emerging biomedicine sectors, such as genomics, molecular medicine, nanotechnologies, and bioethics.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 29 August 2022 1.00 PM ITALIAN Time.
- University or Organization: European School of Molecular Medicine (SEMM)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: € 20.266,50
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic or International
- The award can be taken in Italy
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Cancer Research, Cell Biology, and Computational biology offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Young and motivated university graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Laurea Specialistica, Master of Science in any subject relating to the research topics of the chosen curriculum.
- Applicants must hold the degree at the time of the application or expect to receive it within the last day of enrollment.
- According to the Italian system, Bachelor of Technology, MBBS, and similar are considered first-level degrees and, as such, are not considered valid for admission to our PhD program.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants are required to apply for admission on the official online portal of the university. All eligible applicants will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, you need to submit:
- The application form
- The Educational qualifications- Diploma Supplement/Transcripts
- All applicants from European Universities, including Italian ones, must submit the Diploma Supplement.
- Applicants from non-European Universities must submit Transcripts.
- Applicants expecting to receive their degree after the deadline must submit a certification, including exams taken, with corresponding grades and credits obtained.
- Two Reference letters
- Admission Requirements: Applicants should hold a 2nd level degree (MSc or equivalent) in any subject related to the PhD research areas, and some laboratory experience.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have a B2 English proficiency certificate.
European School of Molecular Medicine (SEMM) will provide the annual gross amount of € 20.266,50 PhD degree program to study in Italy.